Cardiatek™ – A Universal Mounting System Designed for the Automated Impella® Controller (AIC) from Abiomed
The Cardiatek system is the only universal solution to mount the Automated Impella Controller (AIC) in different applications such as on surface, floor, cot/stretcher and wall systems. It is also designed to fit any ground and air ambulance configuration in North American and European markets.
This innovative system secures the medical device during transport to avoid possible injuries to patient and crew. It also reduces risks of damage causing costly repairs or complete replacement of the medical equipment.
Cardiatek Mounting Bracket
Cardiatek’s mounting bracket offers unparalleled flexibility. When used with its floor mount, it is compatible with the floor platform of air ambulances in Europe. When used combined with the wall mount can be used for ground ambulances in Europe and North America. The mounting bracket is also compatible with Stryker stretchers using the Safety Arm System and can also be used on surface with Technimount’s Standard Base.
Cardiatek Wall Mount
Cardiatek’s Wall Mount is designed for the Abiomed’s AIC mounting bracket. It is comprised of a high-density aluminum frame that includes a micro base to accommodate the small anti-rotation disc on the back of the mounting bracket. Four quick release clamps are used to secure the wall mount on ground ambulance wall rails in Europe.
Cardiatek Floor Mount
Carditek’s floor mount is designed for floor rails of air ambulances in Europe. The system is comprised of a high-density aluminum plate with T-shape handles with stainless steel plungers for easy installation into the floor rails. The floor mount with a Technimount standard base can accommodate the Cardiatek mounting bracket, as well as a multitude of different medical devices that have a Technimount bracket and bottom disc.
- Compatible with Stryker stretchers and with Technimount’s products
- Compatible with Technimount’s universal standard base for North American ambulance builders
- Compatible with air ambulance floor and ground ambulance rail mount systems in Europe
- Includes hooks for power cable, canister holder and quick release removable fluid pole
- Top-down movable handle for easy access to the unit
- SAE J3043 certification in progress (Ground USA-Canada) and DIN EN 1789 (Europe)
- Flexibility for use in different applications (surface, floor, cot/stretcher, and wall systems) as well as other EMS or hospital environments
- Access to screen from all angles (360° rotation)
- Easy insertion of the AIC into bracket (top insert)
- Built-in quick release mechanisms to easily remove device almost instantly
- Reduce risk of damage causing costly repairs or complete replacement of medical equipment
- Quick installation by end user with no modification needed to medical equipment
Abiomed’s Automated Impella Controller on:
- Ambulances (North America and Europe)
- EMS Vehicles
- Military vehicles
Having proper mount brackets to safely secure your medical devices is very important. This can avoid costly repairs or replacement of medical equipment and avoid possible injuries, which can lead to expensive lawsuits.